Pages

▼

Sunday, September 27, 2026

Cheat sheet leaderboards updates - 1990s debuts players

A summer project was to get control of the bulk cards I hoard by notable players for a decade - through the end of September, maybe the only thing I've put time into is tallying up new additions to my decade stars collections, where I consider it a catch-all collection for any cards I end up with.

I want to curate tthe player piles in sort of an informal way, but also in a pattern, where I have the unique, random highlights at the top [rookies, parallels, inserts of just unique cards regardless of valuu] - followed by most of my cards for a player, with 'odd team' cards, unlicensed no logo cards and a separate horizontal pile towards the end.

I have been trying to think of a '500 card' club for a selected number of players, where I think I might be doing something if I can chase down 500 unique cards - but that might be too ambitious and I don't want to fall into trap of trying to list everything, then just deciding it isn't worth it to do so.

1990s [9/9/26] - Updated


3,200-count box

The following piles might have been stuffed in a shoe box, but I had a 3,200-count box that was bought but sat empty for at least several months - maybe the original plan was to have my decade stars cards displayed in pages / binders, but I don't think that is going happen anytime soon, so boxes end up being where I store my cheat sheet leaderboards cards 'semi-permanently.

1st row

Todd Helton - 357 cards with five dupes




2nd row

Vladimir Guerrero Sr. - 296 cards  + one Vladimir Jr. + one Wilton + two Angels pocket skeds + two dupes


3rd row

Alex Rodriguez - 215 cards + one dupe

Derek Jeter - 214 cards + one Phil Nevin + one Hal Newhouser + one dupe



4th row

Jim Thome - 161 cards with 14 1998 Upper Deck UD Choice #25 and one other dupe

Frank Thomas - 126 cards

Mike Piazza - 125 cards


Nike Pegasus box


1st row

Jeff Bagwell - 93 cards + a Larry Andersen card

Chipper Jones - 93 cards

Manny Ramirez - 86 cards + one dupe

Scott Rolen - 83 cards + one certified autograph + one dupe + odd size

Pedro Martinez - 79 cards + one dupe


2nd row

Nomar Garciaparra - 75 cards

David Ortiz - 69 cards with five 1999 Upper Deck UD Choice #106 + one dupe

Mariano Rivera - 51 cards

Ivan Rodriguez - 47 cards + one dupe

Adrian Beltre - 43 cards + one dupe

Kenny Lofton - 43 cards + one certified autograph

Kerry Wood - 43 cards

Andruw Jones - 39 cards

Trevor Hoffman - 35 cards + one dupe


3rd row

Hideo Nomo - 35 cards

Carlos Delgado - 34 cards + one dupe

Mike Mussina - 32 cards + one dupe?

Magglio Ordonez - 30 cards

Bartolo Colon - 29 cards

Andy Pettitte - 28 cards

Roy Halladay - 27 cards

Tony Clark - 25 cards with 17 1999 Upper Deck UD Choice #85

Bernie Williams - 25 cards + one certified autograph

Moises Alou - 24 cards

Paul Konerko - 24 cards + one dupe

Billy Wagner - 24 cards + three dupes

Bobby Abreu - 20 cards

Mo Vaughn - 20 cards + one certified auto


OG box for 1990s decade stars

Lance Berkman - 19 cards

Orlando Hernandez - 18 cards

Carlos Beltran - 17 cards

Eric Chavez - 17 cards

Jim Edmonds - 17 cards + one Angels card

Luis Gonzalez - 17 cards

Tim Wakefield - 17 cards

Miguel Tejada - 16 cards + one dupe

Jason Giambi - 15 cards

Jeff Kent - 14 cards + one dupe

Johnny Damon - 13 cards + three 

dupes with three odd cards in one penny sleeve

Derrek Lee - 12 cards + one dupe

Shawn Green - 11 cards

Alfonso Soriano - 11 cards

Tim Hudson - 10 cards

Torii Hunter - seven cards

Aramis Ramirez - seven cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reader comments fuel more posts.