Saturday, December 25, 2004

I'm excited by the possibilities of having some money, I could spend on trading cards. For Christmas, I got $45 from cousins($20) and my sister($25)combined. I would have had more, if I didn't blow my wad for other things.

What is it that I do? It isn't like I could save the money for a rainy day. It seems like money I can play with. I suppose I want to pick up the items of respectable value, as opposed to a spurious set of related things.

Do I get a Nolan Ryan, Steve Carlton, Johnny Bench or Whitey Ford autograph that I've supposedly been longing for, but each requiring fees to sign?

Save up a bit more for an 1999 Topps Traded Adam Dunn autograph?

Get close to a hobby box of 2004 Donruss Elite Extra Edition?

Get a 'key' rookie card of Barry Bonds(1986 Donruss Rookies, 1987 Donruss), Roger Clemens(1985 Donruss or Fleer) or Rickey Henderson(1980 Topps)?

Save up a bit more than the Dunn for a 1982 Topps Traded Cal Ripken Jr.?

Really save up for a Hank Aaron autograph?

I'm a casual collector. I just want a few nice, card items for my personal collection because that is what I began with as opposed to a guy that 'hustles' around to get things signed by particular players.

It seems like I have is one shot. I need to pick up something that is

No comments: