Saturday, March 22, 2008

Featured beater
1970 Topps Tom Seaver #300 - when your bored, you have to resort to doing things to entertain you. I guess this is what I'm doing with this post and I guess this was the reason the card pictured is where it is today.
Out of a bundle of poor-fair 'vintage' cards selling for a buck each, I thought I'd scored with at least a card of a Hall of Famer worth the buck I paid for. It wouldn't be pretty, but I didn't think it would be this ugly.
There are creases all over the card and apparently it is autographed by one of the youth owning this card 39 years ago.
This card was going in the garbage, but it is probably going to stick around for a while. I almost want to get a professionally graded example of this card, just so I don't feel like this is a centerpiece to my collection.

No comments: