Sunday, June 07, 2009

Featured autograph - Scott Podsednik


I don't know if he was doing this earlier in his Major League career - but I saw him on TV a few weeks ago against the Angels in Anaheim and it was interesting to see him actually walk up in the batter's box to hit the ball. I don't think I'd ever seen that and maybe the closest player who sort of has the 'freakish' hand-eye coordination to do such a thing would be Ichiro.

Given another opportunity to be a contributor with the Chicago White Sox after a couple of 'down' years with the Colorado Rockies, 'Juan Pierre Lite' is off to a good start in 2009 with a .298 batting average - if nothing else, he has his World Championship ring from 2005 and Lisa Dergan by his side.

I got this 2007 Topps Allen and Ginter signed in-person
- this past season. I'm trying to get as many Allen and Ginter cards signed [2006, 2007, 2008 and probably 2009], though last year's set is the only complete unsigned set I have [no shortprints] to use for my autograph endeavors. The cards I have collected from the other years form partial or otherwise incomplete sets.

No comments: