Friday, April 05, 2013

I got a quarter off my 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen blaster recap

It's Opening Week and I wanted some new MLB baseball cards in my hand - however, $5 for a pack for this 2013 Topps Gypsy Queen at a card shop didn't seem too appealing, if I really just want to see what the cards looked like.

I ended up at Target and found a blaster box and two opened boxes - it's the same place where I saw a pack molester three or four weeks ago, so I just took my chances with the single blaster box instead of loose packs for $2.99 each.

After ripping my first pack, I thought the second pack felt heavier than the first - even though this is retail and chances are, my mind is just goofing on me.

I was surprised when I actually pulled a thick coin card of Bill Mazeroski -the best thing about the card is it's numbered 3/5, so there is some perceived scarcity attached to the card, even though at first I thought it was just another run-of-the-mill pull.

The Ohio [apparently Mazeroski's home state] quarter inserted on the card [looks like in a little plastic holder] is from 2002 - couldn't Topps have found a quarter than was more appropriate to Mazeroski's playing career or does it really matter?

Pack one
#303 Billy Butler - blue framed paper serial #403/499
#CP-BP Buster Posey - Collisions at the Plate insert
#SS-OS Ozzie Smith - Sliding Stars insert
#227 Francisco Liriano - mini
#335 Alfonso Soriano
#233 Ike Davis

Pack two
#49 George Kell
#334 Bill Mazeroski - Hometown Currency Relic insert
#246 Jose Reyes

Pack three
#185 Ryan Doumit
#212 Kevin Youkilis
#288 Jim Bunning - SP
#93 Matt Moore - mini
#173 Yonder Alonso
#86 Mariano Rivera

Pack four
#4 L.J. Hoes
#NH-BF Bob Feller - No-Hitters insert
#GS-DJ Derek Jeter - Glove Stories insert
#283 Daniel Murphy - mini black parallel serial #'d 099/199
#57 Jayson Werth
#38 Dexter Fowler

Pack five
#228 Hiroki Kuroda
#219 Jake Peavy
#146 Erick Aybar
#182 Alejandro De Aza - mini
#120 Cal Ripken Jr.
#9 Andrew McCutchen

Pack six
#43 Enos Slaughter
#52 Hanley Ramirez
#DA-DP David Price - Dealing Aces insert
#272 Anthony Gose - mini
#161 Whitey Ford
#193 Chase Headley

Pack seven
#188 Jose Altuve
#62 Ryan Braun - SP
#SS-MT Mike Trout - Sliding Stars insert
#101 Mike Olt - mini
#205 Jay Bruce
#253 Tommy Milone

Pack eight
#311 Matt Kemp
#73 Casey Kelly
#NH-NR Nolan Ryan - No-Hitters insert
#42 Jose Quintana - mini
#158 Wade Boggs
#182 Alejandro De Aza

1 comment:

Dhoff said...

That Maz is really freaking awesome. Great pull. Congrats.