Sunday, July 28, 2013

Featured autograph - Josh Donaldson

Someone asked me who Donaldson was when he was dropped off at Angel stadium as a visiting player a couple of years back and I referred to him the 'scrubbliest of scrubs -' it took some time, but the Oakland third baseman has stuck in the Big Leagues in 2013 and emerged into a fun player to watch on a day-to-day basis.

I wish the Angels had stumbled upon someone like him instead of a guy who plays like a stiff at times in Alberto Callaspo - Donaldson plays some good defense, gives you some pop and has 'clutched up' at times, getting big hits for the front-running Athletics at the most opportune moments over the past couple of seasons.

I think I got Donaldson to sign my card during a past spring training trip either in 2009 or 2010 - his autograph has gotten sloppier over the last several years I've gotten him to sign, though he's been always accommodating about doing it.

No comments: