Tuesday, March 04, 2014

I'm so hard up for the MLB/MiLB seasons to begin

I was flipping between the latter innings of an Angels spring training game on Fox Sports West and a Milwaukee Brewers / Chicago Cubs ST game [not sure if it was live] on the MLB Network - Cubs shortstop prospect Javier Baez's power potential has been hyped up over the last year and he already broke a window of a car with a home run this spring.

I'm thinking I'd get to watch one of Baez's spring training at-bats, but during the time I'd momentarily gone back-and-forth - the guy had already hit a home run, so there goes my fleeting interest in the game.

I remember when I was trying to get him to sign stuff, trying to get a picture with him at Maryvale five or six years ago - but now I don't really like seeing Ryan Braun interacting with teammates, coaches, opposing players or umpires on the baseball field like it was not a big deal what he put himself and fans through the past two or three years. The cover up is worse than the crime as far as I'm concerned.

As far as the Angels game was concerned, I can't believe catcher John Hester is still lurking around as a Halo this spring - however, I see he went to school at Stanford and since catchers are supposed to be smartest guys on the field anyway, he's probably a guy looking to be a coach or manager soon enough, besides hanging onto some sort of Major League dream as a player.

No comments: