Thursday, July 31, 2014

Buyer beware II - a resolution

It pisses me off when I pick up something online and don't get the item within a certain, noted time - but I guess I can understand if a seller occasionally goofs up, as long as there doesn't seem to be any malicious intent on their part.

I thought I got skunked on a 2014 Allen and Ginter hand collated set purchase on eBay - in-between the 'dead period' where I didn't know what happened, I went and picked up another set from another seller just to have something, if I had to go fight for a refund.

I contacted the seller where I bought the first set from through eBay's Resolution Center last week - I was surprised to actually get a response a few days later.

The seller said he'd forgotten to ship my set and would do so using Priority shipping - there was finally a tracking number to indicate the set had been shipped and after a few days, my set finally was in-hand.

1 comment:

RAZ said...

One of the only things more dangerous than drowsy eBaying is angry eBaying.