Saturday, November 15, 2014

Corey Kluber and 2014 MLB award winners

This was probably supposed to be a post having a small stash of Kluber signed cards from a minor league game or spring training perhaps - as is, I can't immediately find anything autographed by Kluber and despite being confident I had his scribbles on a few cards, I guess an unsigned 2014 Topps will have to do for now.

I do like cobbling together loose cards of the major award winners [Rookie of the Year, Cy Young and Most Valuable Player] - come awards season, I feel like I'm going to be able to make use of a few star cards [for the most part] that I'd normally overlook because I have too many in general to care about.

I'm adding this 2014 Topps Stadium Club Future Stars die-cut insert to my American League Rookie of the Year collection - the card I'll be adding to my National League Rookie of the Year collection has already been featured.

I found two of these 2014 Bowman cards, so even though I want different cards to represent an award winner in most circumstances - I think I'll live with dropping one card into my National League Cy Young collection and dropping a dupe into my National League MVP collection.

I have enough loose Trouts to choose from and it's a wonder why I haven't been able to use a couple more of his cards for my American League MVP collection already - but he finally took the MVP award home and I can put his 2014 Topps Stadium Club Rainbow parallel into my AL MVP collection.

No comments: