Saturday, April 09, 2016

Featured autograph - Ross Stripling

The 26-year old righty made his MLB debut Friday night and threw 7.1 hitless innings against the San Francisco Giants - there was a kerfuffle whether he should have been left in to preserve a lead, but he was pulled and the Giants tied the game on a 2-run home run.

Regardless of an eventual 3-2 loss, Friday was a memorable day for him, his friends and family - rookies tend to come and go, but hopefully Stripling can get that first 'W' out of the way sooner than never.

Stripling was pretty much a nondescript Dodger minor leaguer a few months ago, but I pulled out his cards hoping it was him who I saw walking to his car - I think he was about to start up his car when I gestured to him with a card of his in my hand and he was nice enough to get back out and sign for me.

Stripling took a second glance at this 2013 Topps Heritage Minors black border card as he signed it for me - though it's not really for a set, I didn't have an extra copy that I could give to him.

No comments: