Sunday, March 26, 2017

Featured autograph - David Dahl

I've wanted an autograph of the Colorado Rockies outfielder for at least the past few years but I've never gotten to see him in-person - I ended up picking up a 2017 Donruss certified autograph for $5 and change and while it's not like actually getting Dahl to sign something in-person, it's good enough just to say I have his scribble in my collection.

Despite being a blue chip prospect who had a fine MLB debut season in 2016 - Dahl has had to deal with some physical ailments, so who knows if he ends up being sort of fragile otherwise, where his ascent as a big league star maybe slowed down a bit.

Dahl had his spleen removed after an outfield collision in 2015 and while he seemed to get over that over the next year - he has been shut down for much of spring training after a stress reaction in his ribcage and isn't likely to start the year on the Rockies' Opening Day roster.

No comments: