Friday, August 18, 2017

2017 Topps National Baseball Card Day

It was probably not in the spirit of national baseball card day, but instead of ending up at a card shop to pick up a NBCD promo pack as well as spending $10 to get some sort of Mike Trout bonus card - I ordered a set of 29 cards [plus the Trout] on eBay for about $15.

At the very least, I've gotten all the cards in-hand as opposing to having to trek to participating card shops [I only really go to one anyway] - to see if I can pick-up multiple packs, just to sort of come up with a complete set

While these cards are really designed to promoted the baseball card hobby for a younger demographic - it's fun to go through a current-year card set with a distinct design.

1 comment:

RAZ said...

I did the same thing and ordered a set online. My local card shop is inconvenient to visit and for some reason I get a weird vibe whenever I'm there, so it's a lot easier for me to just buy online. I like the idea of shopping locally, but in the end I get more bang for my buck elsewhere.