Friday, June 08, 2018

To live and die with a golden right arm

As far as Shohei Ohtani is concerned, I'm bracing for the worst after hearing the latest injury news - now I'm wondering if the Angels tried to manage his workload because he was the shiny new toy or whether his right arm was working on borrowed time.

The story about the player and his performance has been fascinating - but the worst case scenario that Ohtani needs Tommy John surgery and won't finish this season and will not pitch for a significant part of 2019.

As a collector, I believed in the talent, so I went 'all in' to secure at least one nice card off the bat - which was his 2018 Topps Heritage Action variation card [#17].

I don't know how it all plays out now, but I'd gotten when I pulled his 2017 Bowman Mega Box card - I tried grabbing his 2018 Topps Now issues and his 2018 Living Set card.

I couldn't afford any of his pack pulled autographs - but was interested in looking for some MLB licensed pack pulled cards to supplant the Topps Now issues I've bought.

No comments: