Thursday, March 04, 2021

TTM autographs received: Mudcat Grant

Grant signed a pair of cards in about a week - I was digging around in my A-Z archive of cards and found a pair [a 1971 Topps beater and a retro 2004 Upper Deck Timeless Teams] featuring the former big league pitcher from the late 1950s through the early 1970s.

I thought I'd gotten his autographs in-person 20 years ago - but it might be interesting to see if I can get these miscellaneous cards inked up through the mail.

It looks like the 85-year old Grant is still alive and has signed TTM for $5 each - I wrote out a letter, put together a request and these are my results.

I think requested for him to sign Jim 'Mudcat' Grant since I only saw him scribble out 'Jim Grant' on the successes I've seen - though he actually only wrote out his nickname and last name.

3 comments:

The Angels In Order said...

Nice. Sadly, I didn't realize he was still around. Still in Fountain Valley? I grew up there.

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Haven't really done any TTMs but Mudcat might be one for me to try.

Laurens said...

To The Angels, In Order,
I mailed to an LA address; I don't know if Mudcat Grant ever lived in Fountain Valley, but I do wonder if you are talking about Blue Moon Odom?