Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Card show pickups - Matt Holliday

I picked up a couple of [dollar] rookies of the former big league slugger and while a non-geographic player for me - I don't think I ever had these cards and could squirrel them away, where Holliday was notable player who is part of the 'he's signed an autograph for me in-person before' alumni.

Holliday might be most relevant in the 'here and now' as the father of 2022 No. 1 overall pick Jackson Holliday - where picking up pop's cards triggers me to watch for the younger, looking to play his first full season in pro baseball.

The elder Holliday had very good big league career mostly between the Colorado Rockies and St. Louis Cardinals - he also had some odd stints with the Oakland Athletics, New York Yankees and a late-career return with the Rockies.

No comments: