Monday, November 27, 2023

A glitch in the Matrix - feat. Wade Boggs

I don't know if I liked the image on the 2023 Donruss Wade Boggs - I imagine Boggs following through hitting a ball during an at-bat, but kind of hard to tell, where it's almost an awkward shot.
As I'm scrolling through some f/s posts on social media, I saw a Boggs lot with a 1992 Upper Deck Boggs that kind of looked familiar - it looks like Panini found and used the same image that Upper Deck did all the way back in 1992.
Maybe better eyes will spot the minute differences between the two images but I have to go look for the 1992 Upper Deck Boggs - as both a stadium project card and to put together as a pair with the newer Panini Donruss card.

5 comments:

Bo said...

Great catch!

John Bateman said...

Great how our minds work we can see an image and remember seeing it before.

I wonder if they did that with any other cards in there 2023 set.

The Angels In Order said...

Keen eye. I think its the exact same photo.

Fuji said...

Wow. Very nice catch.

Jon said...

Looks like you've got a new series!