Sunday, November 18, 2007


Featured Break
2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces [$2.99] retail pa
ck - was at a popular retail store and was tempted at picking up some packs at their trading card section. I had three packs 2007 Bowman Heritage [$2.99 each] and two 2007 Fleer Ultra fat packs [$4.99 each] in hand, along with a pack of 2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces [$2.99].

I ended up only picking up the Masterpieces pack - trying to exercise restraint when you want to bust some packs is hard, but there was no need to get crazy on retail. I considered the packs and I was probably only to get a bunch of base cards. If I can get base cards for a nickel, it isn't fun when you are paying $3 or $5 a pack retail.

The Masterpieces are nice looking cards - the 'matte' board stock the base cards are printed on makes them feel more than just another set, especially when you are flipping through the cards. I got Hideki [the Average Asian] Matsui, Babe Ruth [pitching as a member of the Boston Red Sox], Andrew Miller [what a concept - both a MLBPA rookie logo card and an actual rookie card, according to pre-2006 definitions of a what qualifies as a rookie card] and a 1969 New York Mets World Series championship card, which I'm sure some Mets' fan will find appealing.


No comments: