Thursday, November 01, 2007


Featured Mail Day
2007 Goudey Hanley Ramirez auto [$10.99 BIN plus $2.50 s/h on Ebay] - I was looking for a certified autograph of this Florida Marlins' young star [for my Rookie of the Year collection] I like the on-card autograph on a retro themed card. While the card is odd-sized, it only makes it more unique and doesn't detract from the overall attractiveness of the card. The card features a clean autograph from Ramirez and is hard signed, which seems to be a term used a little bit more these days [I think the term originates from hockey card collectors] to describe an autograph signed on the card [as opposed to a sticker, label, et al].

Cameron Maybin autograph baseball with MLB and Locker Room Memorabilia certification [$37.07 plus $7.00 s/h plus $3.06 CA tax on Ebay]- my snipe with less than 20 seconds left won this auction. On Ebay, I've seen Jay Bruce and Colby Rasmus single-signed baseballs I want for my collection now.

I didn't think I'd get impulsive with picking up a Maybin baseball yet and $50 is a lot of money to spend for a player who has barely made an impact in the Major Leagues.

Still, talented young prospects and guys still needing to prove themselves are tantalizing. It isn't an investment, you are just picking something up for your collection - but you are banking on Maybin becoming a superstar and telling others you got on the bandwagon before they did, with a single-signed baseball to show off. Probably one of thousands he will sign if he fulfills some sort of promise as a top prospect.

No comments: