Saturday, January 30, 2016

Sorting my cards - finding Elian Herrera

Spring training is around the corner and perhaps I'm looking into updating my stash of cards I'm trying to get autographs on otherwise - Herrera’s name came up as a guy who maybe in camp with the Los Angeles Dodgers, but in case I wanted to send him a TTM request or something, it became a joke I had no idea where to find his cards,

I wondered if the cards were buried in a rubble of loose cards somewhere never to be unearthed - the misplaced cards maybe about a dime each, but I don’t want to feel incomplete and distressed about my collections not being in order to the point where I can't find the most obscure cards.

I may have squirreled the cards away in one of my ‘silly’ loose card projects like perhaps my off-season transactions mini-collection - maybe in a random group cards I've pulled to list as part of one of my mini-collections.

The Herrera cards were just not in the obvious places, but I ended up flipping through random cards I stuffed in a 3200 count box of cards - when I actually spotted Herrera’s cards in a small, miscellaneous grouping of loose cards and found the following, one 2012 Topps Update Series #US38, the two 2012 Bowman Draft #51 cards I was originally whining about and a 2014 Topps Update #US-30.

No comments: