Thursday, August 11, 2022

Card show pickups - tools of ignorance

Digging through the quarter boxes at my local card show, maybe I've tried not to necessarily look for mini-collection cards because I have to keep track of every addition, list them out and tally them up as achievements / goals - maybe there are too many cards and my 'inventory taking' system has gotten 'faulty.'

For a period of about 15 years through late 2021, I've listed things on Google Sheets, but I basically have the urge just to start over as far as having a beat on what I have and noting when I've added cards to a themed collection - I want to make it all about the cards again [like these catcher cards I picked up for about $0.20 each] as opposed to the busy work I do around the cards.

I'll get back to productivity things where I'm compelled to keep track of things and nerd out objectifying loose cardboard - to feel like I have ownership of a particular card project, it is crucial for me to have a record keeping process.

In the meantime, I want to believe 'less is more' when it comes to anything mini-collection related - it's easier to load up on cheap-o binder material for my decade stars because I don't intend to keep track every card for those collections.

1 comment:

Jon said...

The "tools..." theme seems to be a popular one amongst collectors.