Monday, June 12, 2023

Card show odds and ends

Beforehand I had these FOMO thoughts of possibly seeing three or four more familiar sellers at a show date teasing these value boxes [$2 and under] - where it was going to be a challenge to divide and conquer each table, to take ownership of cards that tempt me.

At a particular show I go to, maybe the vibe gets disorienting where the bumper to bumper foot traffic makes it hard to move around, especially with the aisles so narrow - maybe it's just business, where the promoter tends to overbook the rooom, but with the scattered tables jumbling together, it’s hard to find a landing spot to really start rummaging.

Go figure, at least a couple sellers I might have anticipated showing up are not there this time around - I didn’t know if I was going to be able to spot and count on the familiar sellers that have had me going in a routine of sorts.

As is, I ended up at a familiar seller's table and a there was a portion where his non-showcase cards were two for $1 and then a portion where it was priced as is marked or $2 for anything unmarked - I ended up being charged $10 for the following, where the top loaded cards were $2 each and the rest below were the '2 for $1' cards.

It's hard to imagine this seller's main focus is on baseball - but I assume he breaks boxes from all sorts of sports, where there might be leftovers from newer products not so long ago.

2 comments:

Nick said...

I don't think I've ever seen those Montgomery Club cards at a show before - nice finds!

Brett Alan said...

Yeah, I KNOW I haven't seen those Montgomery Club cards at shows! Would have been tempted to overpay for that Senga.