Wednesday, September 06, 2023

Angels I found through my rummage at the card show

I might decide to show some of the themes that came together out of the loose cards I made keepers - from my 'big' haul teased in the previous post.

These are 10 random Angels cards I flagged and despite how the current team is going - it's always fun to find keepers of my 'ride or die' home team.

Maybe the most interesting cards are the Bob Boone and Johnny Ray - I could have gone without adding them onto my pile, because as much as I am a 'team guy,' I'm not really attached to junk wax era Angels whose cards I get bored of seeing.

The unique thing was that the cards had orange backs and I think they had glossier fronts - where they were from the Topps Tiffany set from 1988, which are harder to find versions, mirroring the flagship set.

I think I found a little handful of the Tiffany cards - if I was a little savvier I would have added them in my pile, but they were just about commons I would not know what to do with after the fact.

2 comments:

The Angels In Order said...

I really like the Anderson Future Franchise.

Jon said...

I don't know if the Tiffany sets are as coveted as they used to be, but I think it would still be fun to come across a bunch of them in a bargain box.