Friday, October 19, 2007

A baseball card collecting lifer - I'm just a baseball card collecting lifer, a guy hitting close to that halfway point, but still bent on building the best collection from a perspective of a 12 or 13 year old. Sometimes it isn't about the player pictured on the cards anymore, because I'm not 12 years old and can't relate to multimillionaire professionals as I did if I was an adolescent. Still I wouldn't be collecting baseball cards if it wasn't for the players. Obviously there is still a draw to the sport of baseball as a fan and card collecting as an obsessive-compulsive hobby that I can probably explain, but probably do not understand at times [anymore].

It preoccupies my time when I don't want to deal with the real world.

Today, you have a list of bloggers sharing their own esoteric takes on what the cards mean to them - it makes me feel great because when you find others out there like you. It is uncanny how you can read their stuff and relate.

No comments: