In the Angels' 6-run sixth inning rally in Wednesday night's 9-8 win - Mike Trout used his speed to beat out what seemed like a routine ground out to the shortstop and help drive in a run.
With the Angels leading 3-1 through the first three innings in Wednesday night's game - Angels pitcher Dan Haren imploded in the fourth and through the fifth innings and by the bottom of the sixth inning, the Angels were down 8-3 and set for another loss against the Rangers.
However, a 6-run sixth inning for the Halos would reverse their fortunes - the Angels would win 9-8 and send home the fans in Anaheim in the most righteous sort of way.
I was watching the game from the tunnel in the right field seats and could sense a big inning taking place - I was hoping the Angels could string enough hits to keep it close, though 2002 was actually nine years ago and there are no guys like like Garret Anderson, Scott Spiezio, Darin Erstad, Tim Salmon or David Eckstein in this 2011 Angels lineup.
Bot 6th: LA Angels
- M. Trumbo singled to shallow center, H. Kendrick scored, M. Trumbo to second advancing on throw
- M. Trout singled to shortstop, M. Trumbo scored
- E. Aybar doubled to left center, M. Trout scored
- B. Abreu singled to right, E. Aybar scored
- H. Kendrick singled to center, B. Abreu and V. Wells scored, A. Callaspo to third
It is only one game but I was glad I 'relented' to go the Angels game - even though the Angels looked like they'd lost control, the game was probably one of their best during the 2011 season. I would put it up there with the extra inning win on the road against Boston on May. 4.