Monday, December 14, 2015

Featured autograph - Dave Kingman

The notorious 'all-or-nothing' slugger played all of 10 games as an Angel in 1977 - but it's kind of fun to dig around for the obscure one-time Angels, especially when I'm looking to add more subjects to my all-time Angels autograph collection.

While he signs through the mail for a small fee [$10], TTM isn't a thing for me at the moment - so I grabbed this certified autograph card for about $3.

For the extremes Kingman represented as a big league ballplayer, he might have been considered a cult favorite of sorts, though learning bits and pieces about his MLB career - I can't get past the idea that he once mailed a live rat to a female reporter as some sort of neanderthal protest against women covering MLB baseball towards the tail end of his playing career.

No comments: