Monday, March 12, 2018

2018 Topps Angels factory set purchases

I haven't really paid attention to these sets because they seems so basic, but I actually bought a couple of sets online - since there is a rookie year Shohei Ohtani card in the checklist and early 2018 Angels cards of Ian Kinsler and Zack Cozart.

I was thinking about buying only one, but I thought these are cheap enough where I’ll open one to actually play with and save one just for the heck of it - even though Topps floods the market with these team sets, the Ohtani card is an early year novelty.

FWIW - I have a 1993 Topps Stadium Club Atlanta Braves factory set I bought at a Walmart 25 years ago; it is probably the longest I’ve held onto a baseball card package [it’s in a blister pack of sorts - I’m afraid the cards may have stuck together since they were glossy and foil] unopened, though I any ‘investment potential’ was never there in the first place.

2 comments:

James B. Anama said...

I love these sets. I have all of the team sets (all 30 plus league star sets) from 2006 to now. It's nice to see the evolution of teams through these sets, plus you get cards of players you'll only find in these retail sets.

I'm looking forward to the Angels' set, especially with the hype of Ohtani. It's funny. I got hooked on these sets thanks to Kenji Johjima in 2006. Oh well.

Sincerely

JayBee Anama
bdj610

Fuji said...

When it comes to chasing down rookie cards, I really like these team factory set versions.