Saturday, August 15, 2020

TTM autographs received: Jason Gurka

I don’t usually write off requests, particularly within a calendar year, but I sent to Gurka in January and while I realize real life happened - I wondered why my request didn't come in the time I was stuck overseas from February through the middle of June.

However a straggler SASE made it back to my mailbox and finally got my two cards signed in black Sharpie - to count one for my all-time Angels autograph collection.

Gurka has pitched professionally for the past 11 seasons and recorded two outs in three appearances for the Angels in 2017 - I’ve probably wouldn't have his cards otherwise, but picked them up for the Arizona Fall League in 2013 and I've held onto them for the past 6-7 years after they didn't get any ink on them.

No comments: