Sunday, September 27, 2020

TTM autograph received: Bobby Shantz

The former big league lefthander signed my trading card in blue ink and wrote a thank you note on the my letter he sent back to me - go figure, I got my request back in about a week, on the day he turned 95.

Not that I try to play the death pool game or anything, but there might not be too much time left to get something signed by one of the all-time autograph signing greats - so like Roy Face, I whipped up a letter and put together a request [with $5] to see if I'd get back a positive result, sending a 1955 Bowman beater picturing Shantz with his brother.

I can’t account for the inevitable but I think I just keep on and see which guys to send to - maybe I think about the accomplishments of the person, not as someone to be objectified because they it might be their time NOW.

1 comment:

The Angels In Order said...

One of the all-time greats, loves the fans. So glad to see he's still enjoying it.