Thursday, March 31, 2011

Featured autographs - Hisanori Takahashi



After a long day at FanFest and waiting for the game to end, my Achilles heel was hurting and I could barely get inside the car - when the pain had subsided, I finally lumbered into the car.

At the tunnel next to where the media trucks are parked Tunnel B, I saw some Japanese guys talking by some SUVs and figured
- at least one of them had got to be Hisanori Takahashi and I snuck behind some of the park trucks to see if I could approach him

I walk towards who I thought was Takahashi and call blurt out his name - I ended up getting to sign three cards and hopefully he'll get to pitch in a regular season MLB game soon enough, so I could add his name to my collection of Angels autographs.

Edit: Takahashi faltered in his debut with the Angels
- it looks like he retired only one batter, allowing three hits, including a home run Jeff Francoeur in the Angels' 4-2 Opening Day win against Kansas City.

As the saying goes - no pain, no gain.

No comments: