Friday, April 01, 2011

Featured autographs - San Diego Padres stragglers

My friend and I redeemed our free tickets [each Angels Fanfest ticket was good for a voucher for the game last Sunday] for the game and went inside - only really caught the last 30 minutes before the game started and no San Diego Padres came over except Everth Cabrera.

I really wanted Anthony Rizzo, who the first base prospect acquired in the Adrian Gonzalez trade along with pitcher Casey Kelly and outfielder Reymond Fuentes
- I couldn't believe he was right there in the flesh and he was oblivious otherwise, even as he was walking back to the dugout after warming before the game.

Got a few guys from the Padres after the game - despite my professed devotion to the Angels, I'll be probably find myself spending more time chasing after visiting teams' autographs when I have the opportunity during the MLB season.

Before the game Cabrera managed to sign two final autographs for one guy before he left to go into the dugout - I had to wait until after the game to get him.

Kyle Phillips - he had family waiting for him at Angels Stadium and he talked with them before going back to where the team bus was.

Mark Loretta - one of the countless number of former MLB players who have jobs in the front office for at least one of the teams they played for.

No comments: