Monday, June 26, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 30

"Your favorite card in your collection."

2000 Upper Deck SPX Sandy Koufax #SK - SP Chirography autograph.

Even though it's nearly 20 years old, this certified autograph doesn't really give off the 'classic card' vibe - it's a modern card picturing an old-timer long after his career was finished.

I don't know if I have a special attachment to the card, but I picked up years ago, realizing the legacy of the player pictured - as a legendary Hall of Fame player and franchise icon.

The card is squirreled away and it's sticking around as the centerpiece of my collection- for as long as I'm interested in collecting baseball cards.

2 comments:

The Angels In Order said...

Nice card to finish on.

Fuji said...

Awesome card! I don't think I've ever seen it before.