Monday, June 05, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge - Day 22

A card of a common player that always seems to elude you.

1967 Topps Claude Raymond #364 - I don't know if this card has eluded me in a traditional sense [maybe fruitlessly busting pack after pack, never to pull it] since it was printed long before I was born.

Maybe I don't really have a story behind my interest in this card - but this is the only card left on my first list of my Top 10-15 most wanted cards [like I've seen other card bloggers have] I made up a couple of years ago.

I just haven't taken the time to spend the $3 or so online to find a copy of this card - there is weird, juvenile draw to cards that have quirky qualities like Raymond pictured with his fly open.

Raymond strikes nearly a similar look for his 1966 Topps card [#566], with his zipper faux pas a little more noticeable - it would be nice to pick up the 1966 and 1967 Topps cards as a pair, though the 1966 is short printed and is a little more costly than the 1967 card pictured.

No comments: