Sunday, August 02, 2009

Featured autograph - Mark Sanchez


Mark Sanchez was the big man on campus at USC and was the No. 5 overall pick by the New York Jets in the 2009 NFL draft - he made an appearance at Angel Stadium to throw out the first pitch a few weeks ago and towards the end of the game, I saw where he was signing for kids. I knew he'd be making an appearance, because I'd heard on TV, but I ended up bringing nothing of significance to get signed.

When I approached him to get his autograph - he asked for my name and personalized my 2009 O-Pee-Chee Angels team checklist card.

I'm pretty sure I overheard the woman standing next to me [who I think was with Sanchez' party] say the reason Sanchez personalizes - is because he doesn't know where the autograph will be going [meaning they might be sold or whatever].

A person I knew got what I assume was a 'cheap football' personalized and signed - it looked like Sanchez had 'spanked it' letter for letter.

Despite the deal with the personalizations - Sanchez was seemingly accomodating and signed without a problem. The person I knew took a 'photo-op' with Sanchez and I should have taken one as well, but was really 'too shy' to ask for one.

No comments: