Saturday, July 11, 2015

Random card finds to gnaw at

2015 Topps Finest Charlie Blackmon #95 - I like the hitting image of Blackmon wearing shades, with his beard displayed while there is some visible dirt on his uniform.

2014 Panini Prizm Coco Crisp #13 - Top of the Order insert; I just picked the card up because it's sort of shiny and not because of the player pictured; while Crisp actually played in 126 games in 2014, it's seems like it's been a long time since he's actually been on a MLB baseball field.

2013 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects Kendry Flores #BSB-KF - Scout Breakouts insert; the only time I might have had an opportunity to get Flores' autograph in-person was early 2014 and I didn't know who he was and realized he had this card.

Flores was traded to the Florida Marlins with another minor leaguer for Casey McGehee - who was released by the San Francisco Giants and finds himself back with the Marlins.

2015 Topps Nate McLouth #676 - I don't think I'll ever get through a year's worth of Topps cards to find gems like this, so I'll try to pick up ones that really stand out.

No comments: