Thursday, September 10, 2015

1990 Leaf Mark Eichhorn #472

It's all ancient history but 1990 Leaf was a high end set and while early 1990's collectors / speculators who opened a lot of this product at some point may not have cared - just getting my hands on a random common or two probably would have been a big deal when I only came across the usual Topps, Donruss, Fleer, Score and Upper Deck.

I remember Eichhorn as mainly a 'junk wax guy' who had a sidearm delivery, but I wasn't aware of his great rookie season until I read this Baseball Think Factory thread - Eichhorn is mentioned in posts #57-#59 as part of a discussion whether or not a reliever can do enough to merit serious consideration for the MVP.

Pitching for the Toronto Blue Jays, Eichhorn outpaced other rookies with a 7.0 WAR - he finished third in the 1986 American League Rookie of the Year race behind Jose Canseco and Wally Joyner.

No comments: