Saturday, March 12, 2016

Collecting topics - nations


2007 Bowman’s Best Masumi Kuwata #67 - serial #’d 391/799; he had a very good career in Japan but he seemed too old to do anything in his lone season with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007.


2008 Bowman Chrome Kazuo Fukumori #214 - refractor


Fukumori was a veteran reliever coming over to try and pitch in Major League Baseball, but couldn't get his career going with the Texas Rangers - however I can check out what he did in his pro career and look him up on YouTube making an old-timers game appearance and whatnot.

I randomly picked these cards [along with two random Hideo Nomo cards] up just to add variety to my Japan section of my nations collection - so my collection representing players from Japan seems a little deeper.

No comments: