Saturday, July 16, 2016

2015 Topps Throwback Kris Bryant #616

With big power numbers, Bryant has established himself as a national star and I wanted to see if I could find a 'low end' Bryant rookie card - when I saw this, I grabbed it even though I didn't know what the card was and despite the MLB RC logo, it's not a true rookie card either.

Apparently this card is a retail exclusive parallel available in 2015 Topps Update - maybe it’s a little peculiar [though nothing new] how Topps makes up these parallels in their update series that include selected cards from Series I and Series II as opposed to strictly update series cards.

I do think this card uses a better image with some throwback flair compared to Bryant's actual 2015 Topps rookie card - so it's a nice 'under the radar' add to my collection.

No comments: