Thursday, January 12, 2017

A couple of vintage Angels finds for my PC

I'm trying to build up my regional personal collection bit-by-bit, so picked up a 1964 Topps Bobby Knoop / Bob Lee rookie card #502 - Knoop was a three-time Gold Glove Award winner as the Angels primary second baseman of the 1960s and was named to the Halos' Hall of Fame in 2013.

Maybe I didn't really pay as much attention to the bottom portion of the dual player card - but Lee pitched pretty well for three seasons [1964-1966] with the Angels from and was named to the 1965 All-Star team.

In addition to the Knoop/Lee, I also picked up a 1961 Topps Tom Morgan #272 - this card isn't particularly notable, but will be part of a sampler run of Angels Topps old-school / vintage cards [1961-1980] I'm trying to put together, even if it is just adding a few cards here and there.

1 comment:

The Angels In Order said...

I love that 1964. I was able to get mine signed by both Knoop and Lee. They both still sign TTM but Bob Lee had a stroke recently.