Wednesday, January 03, 2018

2017 Topps Gallery blaster box recap 1 of 2

Go figure I was able to pick up a couple of blaster boxes online as opposed to fruitless in-person searches through some random Walmarts - I feel the one or two Walmarts I may be able to go are spotty as far as having specific brand of trading cards at any one time.

The last incarnation of Topps Gallery came out in 2005 and while it was a product I'm not sure I even bought a single pack of in my collecting life - in general, I liked the artsy-fartsy trading cards because they came off as a little bit more classier than just something designed to be regular old baseball cards.

Artist proof parallel pack
#120 Corey Seager
#5 Carlos Rodon
#13 Carlos Correa
#141 Julio Urias

Pack one
#131 Matt Harvey
#32 Gregory Polanco

#HOF-1 Ken Griffey Jr. - Hall of Fame Gallery insert
#138 Luke Weaver

Pack two
#28 Bryce Harper
#140 Anthony Rizzo

#30 Trevor Story - Gallery Heritage insert
#119 Buster Posey

Pack three
#67 Kyle Seager
#113 Andrew Toles
#12 Max Kepler

Mayumi Seto - Featured Artist info card; maybe it's just odd, but I found her card [and the other Topps Gallery artist's card, Dan Bergren] more interesting than any of the base cards.
#123 Carlos Gonzalez

Pack four
#15 Yoan Moncada
#38 Tyler Glasnow

#HOF-22 Reggie Jackson - Hall of Fame Gallery insert
#8 Steven Matz

Pack five
#139 Jake Lamb

#17 George Springer
#97 Ketel Marte
#19 Carson Fulmer

Pack six
#101 Cole Hamels
#100 Clayton Kershaw

#174 Chris Archer - Apprentices SP
#84 Trey Mancini

Pack seven
#45 Matt Kemp
#80 Freddie Freeman

#MP-23 Mark McGwire - Masterpiece insert; YMMV, but I found the base cards to be a bit of a snooze and would prefer something centered around these inserts.
#115 Justin Verlander

No comments: