Friday, March 12, 2021

What am I supposed to do from here [?]

Things may end up a little fuzzy as far as spelling out what I maybe doing with my cards at the moment - if nothing else, this is basically a post where I change up the purpose [and change the title] as far as an ongoing collection of cards that goes on and on.

1. I've seen myself as an in-person autograph collector over the past decade - now that fan interaction is officially done, I have to do something with my blocks of cards I've made for big league teams.

2. I think my setup came about from trying to build a semi-comprehensive 'team set' of cards through each year - seeing how some acquaintances have these stashes of cards to try and get inked up.

3. It may be a force of habit to go through loose cards, pulls and finds and separate them like I've done - to make like there is still a mission to jump into as far as seeing big league teams [or at least the closest affiliates] with hopes I get cards off my own stashes signed.

4. Regardless of the COVID-19 pandemic, it hasn't really been the case for the past 5 or 6 years where I've been able to go autograph hunting on a regular basis - while I don't want to admit it, I probably aged out of the chasing aspect real hard and my blocks of cards have been sitting in mothballs.

5. To nerd out a bit and play with my cards in the 'here and now,' I'm going through a 'trip' through my cards for the 30 big league organizations to see what can be weeded out and added into in the here and now - I feel stupid referring to my block of cards as something 'for autographs' or as 'ammo' for an in-person outings.

6. Going forward, I will refer to my collection as a 'active team boxes' that sort of mirrors my collection of 'team boxes' I funnel random cards into for fun and games - the difference is I might be more invested in what goes in and out of my 'active team boxes,' as an old-school way of keeping up with MLB team transactions as a fan and the players pictured on the cardboard as a collector.

1 comment:

The Angels In Order said...

I purged my "in person" team collections, and my IP autograph books several years ago when I pretty much gave up trying to get IP autographs. About the only team I never broke up was the Braves, for what I reason I dont know. Many of the other teams I shipped off in trades to other team collectors. It was very freeing.