Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Featured autograph - Andy Hassler

I've known collectors who strictly collect autographs of a particular team [like the Los Angeles Dodgers] - I have also read up on some autograph forums and collecting blogs about collectors trying to collect as many autographs from their teams as possible.

While not quite an original idea, I'm looking to join the herd and start a team collection - I'm looking to add about 100 new Angels' autographs in 2009 with a goal of being able to count out at least 300 different by the end of the year.

Andy Hassler signed three cards I sent to him through the mail - he represents the first Angels' autograph I've gotten in 2009 and hopefully I can add 99 more.

My bread and butter is the uncertified in-person or through the mail autograph - though I'll probably be looking for certified autograph cards of Angels' players I've never gotten before or uncertified autograph cards of former Angels' players who have fallen through the cracks.

I guess the emphasis is on signed cards - but I'm open to picking up anything bearing an authentic, hand-signed autograph of an Angels' player.

A distinction I want to make is to separate signed cards - by players wearing an Angels' uniform and by players not wearing an Angels' uniform.

While it maybe nice in an ideal world, I don't think my goal is completion - but to build on a theme and at the very least, be able to say I have a certain number of autographs from my favorite Major League team.

No comments: