Monday, January 19, 2009

Featured card: 2004 Score Larry Fitzgerald #373


I haven't dabbled in collecting much football cards and have no such thing as a Kurt Warner rookie card to show off, but I do have this 2004 Score rookie card of Warner's No. 1 go-to-guy, Larry Fitzgerald - with the former grocer [Warner] slinging passes to the former ball boy of the Minnesota Vikings [Fitzgerald], the Arizona Cardinals have gotten to Super Bowl XLIII.

All I can say with a straight face the card featured is now legitimately worth a couple of bucks, even though the back is off-center - I said a few bucks, not a million dollars...

It probably would not be out of place to symbolically put Fitzgerald's card alongside another football rookie card - I have in my personal collection.

Who knows if Fitzgerald will be as accomplished as Jerry Rice was when Fitzgerald finishes his career - but he is probably playing the best football in his NFL career and he is only 25 years old.

No comments: