Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Featured autograph - Jason Vargas

I got new Angel acquisition Jason Vargas to sign two or three cards at the end of the 2012 season when the Seattle Mariners were in Anaheim - while I would have liked to see what Kendrys Morales might have done in his second full season after coming back from his horrific injury in 2010, I guess there was some flexibility to make a move for a No. 4 or No. 5 starter like Vargas.

Vargas isn't great, doesn't throw particularly hard, but hopefully he can throw around 200 innings and in the process - nail down enough quality starts for the Angels without getting banged around [served up 35 home runs this past year] too much.

For the Angels, Mark Trumbo probably starts the 2013 season as primary designated hitter - with Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton and maybe Vernon Wells on the short list of Angels players who can also DH if needed.

2 comments:

Anthony Hughes said...

I'm not happy with the trade at all... Nothing against Vargas really, I just didn't want to trade Morales. Well, I hope he does well in Seattle and I'll quietly root for him in any non-Angel situations, sort of like I do for Napoli.

The Angels In Order said...

I have a lot of catching up to do on autographs with all new Angels this year.