Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Featured autograph - Patrick Sandoval

For my one or two dedicated readers, October was a hiatus month since I spent it out of the country and while I could catch up with blog reading - it's not as fun collecting without actually having cards in-hand to play with.

I've been feeling 'meh' about collecting anyway because it's been a solitary thing when sometimes I tend to crave feedback from outside sources - the last month has made me wonder if I can see where I can pull the plug because I'm clearly not getting what I may want from either collecting the cards themselves or trying to come up with some blog posts that mean something.

As far as the autograph pictured, Sandoval got called up for the first time this past year to see if he has a little potential to contribute in 2020 - I haven't been living under a rock, so with Angels old friend Joe Maddon coming back to manage, the Angels are expected to be in the hunt for more established arms for the rotation.

Who knows if Sandoval gets a serious opportunity to pitch for the Angels - maybe he impresses to find a spot in the rotation, though he might be fighting with guys like Griffin Canning [a probably lock, but he still has something to prove], José Suárez or Jaime Barría to be the No. 4 or No. 5 guy.

Maybe a possibility is Sandoval makes the team - but starts the season pitching out of the bullpen, to control his innings perhaps but also see where the lefty can match up strategically, especially with relievers having to face a minimum of three batters.

No comments: