Sunday, August 02, 2020

TTM autographs received: Scott Livingstone

Livingstone was a useful rank-and-file guy who could hit a little bit through the mid 1990s, though I have no recollection of him past his early junk wax era years with the Detroit Tigers - he signed my cards in blue Sharpie in about three weeks, but the pen was dying, so the autographs are didn't quite come out as bold.

Results are likely to vary when sending off cards TTM, but maybe it adds to the charm and quaintness to see something - signed in another color Sharpie besides blue or black or a glossy card signed in ballpoint pen or some other odd pen.

For the most part I want things in blue Sharpie or blue ink - but I'm reminded of going through my friend's book of autograph cards 20 years ago, where he would get stuff back in all sorts of colors and pen types.

No comments: