Monday, August 10, 2020

TTM autographs received: Billy Ashley

The former big leaguer signed my cards in about a couple of weeks - the thick Sharpie Ashley used was good enough and bold enough for the cards I sent him, including the 1993 Upper Deck where teammate Eric Karros makes a cameo.

Ashley had big time power potential, but unlike some of the early 1990s era Los Angeles Dodgers prospects who would have big league success - Ashley never was able to put things together in parts of 6 seasons with the Dodgers.

He was a random guy for me to send to, but I needed to scratch that itch and not have to worry about my cards unsigned - if and when all or some of the cards I sent made it back to me.

I want to say he lives in the So. Cal area, where he has showed up for Dodgers alumni events / signings over the past decade - I set his cards aside a couple of years ago but held off on mailing them out.

No comments: