Thursday, May 09, 2024

TTM autograph received: Ruben Sierra

In early March, I sent out some TTM requests in anticipation they would be returned when I finally came home from some overseas travel - the former big league slugger was on my scratch the itch list since I saw a random success posted on Twitter / X.

I sent Sierra a 2004 Topps Cracker Jack 'set card' and $10, which is his apparent fee to sign things TTM - maybe it's been a thing where I've sent out less TTM requests over the past couple of years and might need to add $5 or $10 to more requests in order to get something signed.

On the other hand I do not really mind when subjects charge outright, rather than through a middleman or promoter - where it might be fun to see what results I get from a guy like Sierra, who I've never had TTM history with.

I would have also liked to also get a 1990 Leaf signed, but did not have the card in-hand - so I might end up looking for one that is already inked up.

5 comments:

The Angels In Order said...

Wow, great pickup.

The Lost Collector said...

Awesome card choice!

Bo said...

I know it's not a common opinion, but he was one of my favorite Yankees.

Laurens said...

Bo,

I remember the Yankees teams of the late 1990s through mid 2000s giving chances to veteran players who may have been past their prime like Sierra, but were productive in spurts.

Fuji said...

Great player. I'm tempted to send a copy of his 1987 Topps card. I like the photo they used on that card.