Thursday, November 03, 2005


Mail Call:
A Hank Aaron Upper Deck Authenticated autograph baseball arrived quickly after I sent out payment last Saturday - for less than a pack of 2005 Prime Cuts III would cost or a box of super premium cards - I got an UDA certified autograph baseball of the current home run king.

I inspected the ball quickly and there is a special logo, featuring an inscription that is a little worn off. The autograph isn't as bold as it would ideally.

On the other hand, I've needed an Aaron autograph for my collection and it is 'in-hand' as I type.

*Also a 2005 Upper Deck Sweet Spot Signatures Paul Molitor auto arrived in the mail -it was truly more of an impulsive purchase. It took a while to get this card because of logistics. While he is a Hall of Famer, he already has other Sweet Spot auto releases, which saps the value of his latest Sweet Spot autograph insert.

Still, he has over 3,000 hits and is considered the greatest designated hitter of all time - sorry Edgar Martinez.

Late at night after I picked this card up on Ebay, I watched Beyond the Glory on the DH and it was cool he was featured prominently for his accomplishments at the position.

This autograph was signed in black ink, which is kind of a negative, it is still a nice complementary addition to my personal Hall of Fame collection.

No comments: