Saturday, December 12, 2009

Featured card: 2009 Topps T-206 Josh Hamilton #266


Instead of trying to mess around with loose packs and blasters, not even being able to complete a set in process and ending up with doubles, triples, et al - I picked up a hand-collated complete set of 2009 Topps T-206 for the price of around two blaster boxes, probably a few bucks more.

As I go through the cards to talk about [like others here and there] - there was no way this Hamilton card was going to escape my notice.

A quick story I remember is I'm in Surprise Arizona this past year, trying to get Texas Rangers' autographs in spring training - Hamilton was signing autographs for fans and as he was moving from one section of the railing to the other, I think he actually chipped his tooth trying to hold up a soda can.

That is my Hamilton in-person story for the year - it is fitting Topps gets a picture of Hamilton balancing a bat with his teeth, because it seems to capture who he is.

No comments: