Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Featured card: 2006 Upper Deck Update Carlos Quentin #1002

I was digging out some of the random game used cards I had and came across a 2002 Upper Deck Rookie Edition Future Watch uniform card of Quentin - I'd put this 2006 Upper Deck Update card together with the uniform card as a companion.

I liked the Upper Deck Update card as sort of an early card of Quentin that wasn't really a rookie - since his first-year cards came out in 2004 and he had a few USA cards perhaps.

Quentin has sort of had an up-and-down Major League career just because of the various injuries he has suffered - if healthy, can carry a team for two or three weeks at a time.

It is ironic I've been kind of glancing at the two Quentin cards the past few days, thinking he's been kind of a disappointing, almost middling playing - and BOOM, he goes off with a 3-for-4 night in an 8-0 win against my home team Angels Monday night.

Quentin hit a home run, two doubles and picked up five RBI - maybe if he isn't playing against the Angels, he'd been a fun guy to watch otherwise.

No comments: